Teeth Whitening in Pasadena, CA
Have you ever dreamed of a white, attention-grabbing, perfect smile? You're not the one, as most of the people feel that when it comes to teeth "brighter is better". Everyone wants a smile that dazzles and turns heads wherever they go. But how can you obtain that glow? We recommend you to skip the OTC products and choose a professional Teeth Whitening in Pasadena.
Dr. Sean Sunyoto serves Pasadena and the surrounding area, providing teeth whitening and other cosmetic dental services. Dr. Sunyoto is a conservative, holistic dentist, and recommends the least aggressive procedure to achieve oral health and cosmetic goals.
What are Teeth Whitening?
Pasadena Teeth Whitening is a cosmetic dental procedure that is used to lighten teeth and helps to remove stains and discoloration. It's the most popular cosmetic dental procedure because it can greatly improve the look of your teeth and smile. A teeth whitening is not a one-time procedure, it needs to be repeated from time to time to maintain a brighter color.
Before jumping into the details of Teeth Whitening let us first know the enemy of teeth whitening - Tooth Stains.
What are Tooth Stains?
Tooth Stain occurs on the surface and below the tooth enamel. As each of the teeth consist of two-layer i.e. inner dentin layer and hard outer enamel layer. When you consume stuff like food, coffee, tea, etc, the outer enamel layer protects the teeth with the help of foreign materials that form a pellicle film over the enamel layer. Tooth Stain is the enemy of Teeth Whitening.
Causes of Tooth Stains:
Tooth Stains have many causes that can be prevented. The below list can help you determine the cause of tooth stains:
- Food & Drink: Few fruits, vegetables, and dark color liquids like coffee, tea, and red wine can cause discolored teeth.
- Tobacco: Some habits like smoking and chewing tobacco can cause discolored teeth.
- Oral Care: Poor oral hygiene can lead to tooth discoloration.
- Medical Treatment: Some medical treatments like high blood pressure and antihistamines can cause your teeth to stain.
Types of Tooth Stains:
The three main tooth stains are:
- Extrinsic Teeth Stains: This stain occurs on the surface of the tooth due to the pigmented that resides from the foods and drinks that cover the tooth enamel. Typically extrinsic tooth stain is caused by tobacco use or drinking tea, coffee, wine, and cola drinks.
- Intrinsic Teeth Stains: It occurs below the surface of the tooth and accumulates within the tooth enamel. Excessive use of fluoride in childhood can also result in Intrinsic Teeth Stain. Intrinsic teeth stain is difficult to remove but it can be done with our professional teeth whitening team.
- Age-Related Teeth Stains: This type of stain combines the result of both intrinsic and extrinsic teeth stain. Because the core tissue of your teeth that is known as the dentin naturally yellows over time and discolor with age.
Teeth Whitening Methods:
Pasadena Teeth Whitening is the most popular cosmetic dental treatment in the area. Not only that Teeth Whitening is effective, but it can also change your smile and improve your self-esteem. Our Pasadena Cosmetic Dentist offers two different teeth whitening options:
- In-Office Teeth Whitening
- At-Home Teeth Whitening
In-Office Teeth Whitening in Pasadena:
Our Cosmetic Dentist Perform In-Office Teeth Whitening in Pasadena. Before starting the procedure our dentist will probably photograph your teeth to monitor and examine the process of the treatment. Next, a dental hygienist will clean your teeth by removing bacteria, foods and other substances that build on your teeth. Once this is completed the whitening procedure begins.
At the beginning of the Teeth Whitening procedure, a protective coating is placed for the safety of gums and lips around the teeth. A teeth whitening gel is applied on the teeth and an Ultraviolet lamp is shined on to the teeth to activate the ingredients present in the gel. The use of a UV lamp speeds up the whitening process. These procedures usually take 30 to 90 minutes and require 1 to 3 appointments based on how severe your stains are and how white you want your teeth to be.
Is Bleaching Your Teeth Safe?
Bleaching your teeth is safe when performed with our dental professional at Cal Dental Group of Pasadena. You will be confident that your gums will be protected during the procedure so that, only the teeth will be in contact with the bleaching agent.
At-Home Teeth Whitening:
At-Home teeth whitening are the most popular cosmetic method and dramatically whiten the teeth. This type of teeth whitening method requires two office visits. During the first office visit, Dr. Sunyoto will take an impression of your teeth to design a clear plastic tray that is custom-designed to fit. In your second visit, our dentist will give you a clear plastic tray to try and ensure a proper fit.
How Long Does It Take to Whiten Teeth?
When it comes to teeth whitening, it is important to understand that the amount of whitening depends on the number of stains on the teeth. Our professional In-office Teeth Whitening treatment typically takes three to four weeks. Over the counter, In-Home Teeth Whitening treatment tends to take at least a month of wearing mouthpieces every night before they start to affect.
Reasons for Teeth Whitening:
A teeth whitening is an effective way of lighting the natural shade of your teeth. It can't completely change the color of your teeth, but it can lighten the current shade of your teeth - making your smile brighter. The reasons to get teeth whitening are:
- Boost Self-Confidence: Your smile plays an important role in your confidence. Pasadena Teeth Whitening can boost your smile and increase your self-confidence.
- Special Occasion: Teeth whitening are a great way to ensure that your smile looks bright and healthy for an upcoming special occasion and can help you look your best.
- Long-Lasting Results: One important reason for teeth whitening is the long-lasting results it produces. It leaves you with a much brighter smile for a very long time.
- Affordable Treatment: Teeth whitening treatment is widely available at a reasonable price. Having a beautiful white smile can improve your appearance and raise your self-confidence.
Do Teeth Whitening Make Your Teeth Sensitive?
Some patients may feel minor sensitivity after teeth whitening that lasts for a short duration and quickly diminishes. The use of sensitivity toothpaste can alleviate these minor symptoms. Most of the sensitivity caused by teeth whitening is preventable and treatable.
Candidates for Teeth Whitening Treatment:
Good candidates for Teeth Whitening Treatment in Pasadena are:
- Patients with stained and discolored teeth.
- Patients with yellow tones to their teeth.
- Patients who have healthy teeth and healthy gums who would like a brighter smile
- Patients suffering from TMD or bruxism
Teeth Whitening After Care:
Our Cosmetic Dentist in Pasadena Dr. Sunyoto will recommend some aftercare tips to maintain the brightness of your teeth:
- Brush your teeth twice a day and floss once daily.
- Consider Toothpaste which consists of fluoride.
- Cut-down the amount of food and drinks that can stain your teeth.
- Schedule a dental visit twice a year.
At Cal Dental Group of Pasadena, many of our patients have benefitted from this treatment and happy with a bright attractive smile. For more information about Teeth Whitening treatment call us at (626) 584-1800 and schedule an appointment with our Dentist Dr. Sunyoto.
Most Frequently Asked Questions on Teeth Whitening Treatment in Pasadena:
Does Teeth Whitening Work?
Yes, Teeth Whitening Works by either removing the surface stains that sit on the exterior surface of the teeth or changing the color of dentin. But, it doesn't work on crowns and veneers.
Is Teeth Whitening Treatment Safe for Your Teeth?
Teeth whitening treatment is both safe and effective. The results obtained at your nearest dental office are guaranteed. However, there are three areas of concern after whitening that is gums, teeth, and dental restorations. Our dentist advises taking ibuprofen after the treatment to counteract any irritation.
How long Does Teeth Whitening Last?
The good news is that teeth whitening lasts for up to three years. These vary from person-to-person with there lifestyle. If you smoke, eat, or drink things that can easily stain your teeth then the effect is less likely to last long. Our Dentist in Pasadena recommends to brush and floss regularly throughout the day to maintain a whiter shade and good oral hygiene.
How To Cope With Teeth Whitening Sensitivity?
If you're experiencing pain after teeth whitening, it should subside within 24 to 48 hours. Here are 5 ways to cope with teeth whitening sensitivity:
- Professional Whitening Treatment
- Use of Composite-Resin or Porcelain Veneers
- At-Home Whitening Options
- Maintain Your Whitened Smile
- Maintain Good Oral Hygiene
How To Prepare for Teeth Whitening?
Here are few tips to Prepare For a Professional Teeth Whitening in Pasadena:
- Visit your dentist the day before the treatment to understand your oral health issue
- Have your teeth cleaned so that the tartar and plaque are removed, and you're able to whiten the whole teeth properly
- Invest in desensitize toothpaste before the teeth whitening treatment to prevent the side effects of tooth sensitivity
- Measure the shade of your teeth with a shade guide. Compare the color of your teeth before and after the treatment. And, identify which shade closely matches to your teeth