Six Easy Ways To Clean and Take Care of Your Invisalign:
If you've purchased an Invisalign treatment plan and made a big investment in your smile. Wearing an Invisalign all the time for the next several months requires to take good care of them so that they stay clean, clear, and look healthy. Here are some 6 tips to take care of your Invisalign in Pasadena. But, before digging into the tips for cleaning your Invisalign. Let us first know what Invisalign is all about.
What is Invisalign?
Invisalign is a custom made aligners that straighten your teeth without wires. It should be interchanged every two weeks for six months or longer depending on the condition of misalignment.
Advantages of Invisalign:
- Invisible:The main advantage of Invisalign is that it's invisible. Your friends, family member, and your employer will not be able to see a mouth full of metals when you smile.
- Comfortable:It's comfortable to wear than traditional braces. Wearing an Invisalign doesn't cause any abrasions and pain.
- Removable:Invisalign can be taken off for meals, brushing, and flossing. This is the big reason people choose Invisalign over traditional braces.
Six Ways To Clean Your Aligners:
Here are six tips to clean your Invisalign and promote oral hygiene to avoid bad breath and stinky trays:
- Rinse Your Aligners: Rinse your Invisalign aligners with clod water when you remove it. This helps to eliminate dried saliva from building up on the plastic which later causes bacteria to form.
- Use a Toothbrush To Brush Before Each Wear: Brush and floss your teeth before putting your Invisalign aligners back in your mouth. This helps in eliminating the higher risk of food particles getting trapped in between your Invisalign and teeth.
- Never Clean With Hot Water: Never clean your Invisalign aligners with hot water, as the high heat can damage the plastic and can ruin your Invisalign. If you've damaged your aligners, you can order an Invisalign in Pasadena by calling us at (626) 584-1800.
- Clean With Soap: Use an antibacterial soap to gently clean your aligners. Cleaning with toothpaste can leave a scratch on your aligners and can be noticeable when you wear them on your teeth.
- Avoid Staining Drinks: Avoid drinks such as teas, coffees, and soft drinks that will stain your aligners. That's the reason it's best to stick to clear liquids like water.
- Give Them a Good Soaking: Clear aligners are not like dentures to soak them in peroxide overnight. Instead, soak your aligners in a clear retainer to keep your aligners clear and sanitized.
Are you looking to transform your smile? Cal Dental Group of Pasadena provides Invisalign Treatment in Pasadena. For more details call us at (626) 584-1800 and place an appointment today.