Top 4 Reasons To Have An Endodontics Treatment.
Endodontics treatment is typically needed when the tooth nerve and pulp become inflamed or infected. Root canals/Endodontics treatment are performed to save the tooth from an infection that is affecting the nerves in its root. This treatment also eliminates the pain that you have been experiencing because of infection. According to the American Association of Endodontists, it is estimated that 22.3 million endodontic treatment are performed each year. During this treatment, our Endodontist in Pasadena clean and dry the interior of the tooth and later a temporary filling is placed. Before jumping into reasons for Endodontics treatment first let us consider what endodontics is all about.
What Is An Endodontics?
Endodontics is designed to eliminate bacteria from the infected root canal and save the natural tooth. During the endodontic treatment, the infected pulp is removed and the inside of the tooth is cleaned, disinfected, filled and sealed.
Advantages of Endodontic Treatment:
Saving the tooth with root canals treatment has many advantages like:
- Natural appearance.
- Efficient chewing.
- Protects other teeth from excessive wear or strain.
- Normal biting force and sensation.
The Top 4 Reasons On Why You Need An Endodontics Treatment Are:
- Deep Decay: It's also referred to as Tooth Decay which occurs when the bacteria living inside the mouth produce some acids that eat away the teeth. When deep decay is developed it's time to consider an Endodontic Treatment in Pasadena. Usually, it's difficult to identify the decay but the symptoms include pain, sensitivity, and infection.
- Repeated Procedures: Multiple dental procedures performed on a single tooth increases the risk for Root Canal treatment. The best way to avoid repeated dental procedure is by opting for root canals first. Well, there are several reasons why a tooth may require numerous dental treatments some may include when an already filled tooth requires a new form of dental treatment.
- Cracked/Chipped Tooth: Cracked, Chipped and other types of trauma are the cause of a root canal procedure. Most of the Cracked/Chipped tooth is repaired using tooth-colored bonding material or by Dental Crown placed on top of the tooth. A root canal is typically needed if the damage to the tooth is extended into the pulp.
- Large Fillings: Large fillings are required when the cavity is left untreated. When a patient goes for a dental filling the amount of decay may be large resulting in more tooth structure removal. Large filling affects the structural integrity of a tooth and increases the risk for a root canal treatment.
These are some reasons why you may require an Endodontics in Pasadena. With proper care and good oral hygiene teeth that have undergone Root Canals in Pasadena can last for a lifetime. For more information call us at (626) 584-1800 and schedule an appointment today.